The Concord Street Improvements project includes the roadway reconstruction of 3.5 miles of Concord Street from I-494 to Annapolis Street. Other project improvements include new sidewalks and trails, retaining wall improvements, storm sewer replacement, and public utility replacement. The project will provide better multi-modal connectivity, increase traffic safety and efficiency, and replace infrastructure that has reached the end of its useful life. The City is also coordinating with St. Paul and MnDOT on improvements to Concord Street from Annapolis Street to Hwy 52.
GOALS FOR CONCORD STREET PROJECT:
- Revitalize Concord Street corridor to support economic growth, commerce, and redevelopment
- Re-purpose existing Concord Street roadway where possible to support redevelopment and connectivity to existing businesses
- Increase safety and efficiency for all transportation users
- Roadway rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Evaluation of existing roadway geometrics
- Upgrades to City utilities
- Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations including sidewalks, trails, and shoulders
Check back here for more information on the project.